- 2008 Philosophiae Doctor (PhD): University of Pretoria, SA (and Brighton, UK). Thesis: Corpus design for Setswana lexicography. Supervisors: D.J. Prinsloo, Adam Kilgarriff & Roger Evans
- 2005 Post Graduate Certificate (Research): Information Technology Research Institute (ITRI) University of Brighton.
- 2001 Master of Philosophy (M.Phil): University of Oxford. Thesis: Word meaning, disambiguation and dictionaries: The Setswana case. Supervisor: David Cram.
- 1998 Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE): University of Botswana
- 1997 BA Humanities, (Single major English, First Class): University of Botswana. Thesis: Colonialism and Violence in Dambudzo Marechera’s “House of Hunger” and Alex la Guma’s “In the fog of the Season’s end.” Supervisor: Peter Mwikisa.
Workshops & Training Seminars attended
- Abuja (Nigeria), 2 – 3 December 2010: Workshop on Capacity building for the Fulfulde, Hausa and Setswana Commissions
- Tshwane, South Africa, 19 – 20 August 2010: Planning Workshop for the priority activities of the Setswana Vehicular Cross-Border Language Commission in Southern Africa
- Johannesburg, South Africa. 3-5 November 2009. ACALAN organized Workshops to launch the Vehicular Cross-border Language Commissions of Chichewa/Chinyanja and Setswana
- Hotel Fured, Balatonfured, Hungary. 3-11 July, 2004. Semantic Mining Ontology Summer School.
- ITRI, Brighton, UK. 1-2 December, 2003. 2nd International Workshop on Dictionary Writing Systems, Lexicography Master classes.
- ITRI, University of Brighton, Brighton, UK, 15-21 July 2001. Training Workshop in Lexicography and Lexical computing
- University of Oxford, UK, Centre for Study of African Economies. 29-31 March 2001. Development Policy in Africa – Public and Private Perspectives Conference.
- I possess an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows-based programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- I also have a working knowledge of Corel Draw 12 and Photoshop software.
- I am experienced in the use of advanced text statistical analysis software, including Wordsmith Tools, and Language Explorer.
- I won the Overseas Research Student (ORS) Award Scheme Award administered by Universities UK committee as a doctoral student at the University of Brighton, UK. The award was given on a competitive basis to international postgraduate research students of outstanding merit and research potential (2004).
- I am a Rhodes scholarship finalist (1998).
- Winner of the Dean’s Prize 1997 (an award given to the best graduating student in the Faculty of Humanities).
- 2013. Awarded Presidential Order of Honour by His Excellency the President of the Republic of Botswana.
- 2011: Awarded one of the Top Outstanding Young Persons award by Junior Chambers International “in recognition of your Outstanding Services of Academic Leadership and/or Accomplishment”
- 2010: Winner of the University of Botswana’s Emerging Arts Researcher of the Year 2010
- 2004: Winner of the Overseas Research Student (ORS) Award Scheme Award administered by Universities UK committee as a doctoral student at the University of Brighton, UK. The award was given on a competitive basis to international postgraduate research students of outstanding merit and research potential (2004).
- 2002. Awarded a research grant to carry out research to compile “Setswana Personal Names Dictionary”.
- 1997: Winner of the Dean’s Prize (An award given to the best graduating student in the Faculty of Humanities).
My mentors are: Adam Kilgarriff & Andy Chebanne – both scholars are outstanding in their areas of specialization!